Thursday, April 19, 2012

Life in Numbers

We live in a crazy world. Too much to do, too little time. So many people, so many things.
Lately, I have been thinking a lot about numbers. We place so much  importance on the numbers in our lives; age, weight, the size of our clothes, how much money we make, how many hours a day we work, how many days we have off, how many hours we sleep...you get the point. Everything has a number. Some of them are good, some are bad, some we want to change and some we want to freeze in time.

Since I turned thirty I feel like I am looking at life differently. I have always been an "over-thinker".
I am not spontaneous. I am a planner in every way imaginable. I have high anxiety when things go off course...like the world will spontaneously combust if "the plan" is not followed exactly.
Well, let me just tell you... things change, plans fail and as far as I know...the world is still in tact.

I am slowly learning some very valuable lessons.

*I am NOT defined by a number...on a scale, on the label of my clothing or my age. This is a lesson that I struggle with every day.
*Time is not on our side. Even though we only have a few short hours instead of days to spend with friends/family... the time we have is a gift.
Make the most of every moment because moments make memories.
*Work is necessary; so love what you do and do what you love. So much time is spent at work...if it is something that is not fun (at least a little), don't do it. I started a new job about 6 months ago and I love it! I don't make much money, but I am enjoying life and I have more off time.

These are just a few "numbers" that have been on my mind lately.

Hope your week has been wonderful!

And let's just end this post with a picture...
This is Avery as a bunny...doesn't she look happy?!

See? She loves it!

These photos have nothing to do with my post, but Avery makes me smile ALL the time. :)

tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment